Today's Puzzler

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:08:24 -0400

George Tyson wrote:

> Phil,
>
> The customer opened and pushed back the keycover further than you'd
> placed it during your tuning.  The middle hinge on the back of the
> keycover pushed against middle C's backcheck.
> You asked the customer on your cell phone to pull the keycover forward
> slightly which solved the problem.

George, almost word for word spot-on. The only difference is I went
back, found the problem, realized that the center hanger support was the
problem (on the backcheck..very good!), and moved it to the bass/tenor
break area. I would not have realized this problem over the phone.

Congratulations. You win today's prize which is...hmmm..let's
see.....how about a Nossaman re-whatevered Steinway?!?

Excellent work George. Ron, send him a 'A' !

-Phil Bondi(Fl)