The Nossaman Steinway

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:17:56 +0200

Hi

This is the OTHER bit I dont think I will ever get.  Why on earth would
anyone have a problem with re-designing any particular piano ? I mean..
as long as its made clear to one and all whats whats and all is on the
up and up... whats the beef ? Actually,  I really have a hard time
understanding why there seems to be so much controversy surrounding the
whole subject of piano designs and redesigns.  Oh I recognize the
reality before me... but understand it ??  Whats wrong with to each
their own ?

Cheers
RicB

ps... congrats on the new piano with Walter Del.

Del writes:

It seems it is no longer the unpardonable sin to tamper with the
original "design" of pianos that are still held sacred by many. It is,
of course, still a sin but with suitable penance the practitioners of
these black arts are no longertarred, feathered and run out of town. Now
we are just put in stocks for a week.

Del