Walters Piano (was rebuilders..)

Gordon Holley gwholley@hi-techhousing.com
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:06:02 -0500

Del,  was this new piano for Walter a console?  I've had a lot of =
interest in the Walter consoles
as I have several customers that own one.  I also spent some time, a =
couple years back on
their production line, observing the production of their products.
Gordon Holley
Assoc. Indiana Chap 463
Elkhart, IN
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:14 PM
  Subject: RE: The Nossaman Steinway (was rebuilders..)

---
    From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] =
On Behalf Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
    Sent: October 06, 2005 5:08 PM
    To: pianotech@ptg.org

     Perhaps an A- B comparison of your favorite music played on a =
really good stock D Stwy piano  sitting next to a Nossaman , Fandrich , =
Overs, Erwin  or whoever re-designed it , Stwy D, would allow for a fair =
but subjective comparison. Better is just an opinion after all but it =
should be based on features, quality of construction & most of all =
performance enhancement of the whole Beast. Custom stuff usually takes a =
product out of the realm of hype & into the  realm of folks who are =
willing to prove it at the starting gate. They don't race =
horses/cars/boats etc for nothing=20
      Know what I mean?
      Dale Erwin=20

  Dale, et al...

  I am not planning on taking a piano to Rochester. My current interest =
is in smaller pianos and the test mule for my current thinking is under =
construction and won't be nearly ready by June.=20

  It is nice -- and some gratifying -- to see momentum growing, however. =
It seems it is no longer the unpardonable sin to tamper with the =
original "design" of pianos that are still held sacred by many. It is, =
of course, still a sin but with suitable penance the practitioners of =
these black arts are no longer tarred, feathered and run out of town. =
Now we are just put in stocks for a week.

  Despite not having one of my own pianos at the convention there should =
be a sample of my recent work, however. I just returned from Elkhart, =
Indiana where I supervised the assembly of the first prototype of the =
new piano I recently designed for the Walter company. I expect -- hope! =
-- it will raise one or two eyebrows.

  Del