electric voicing tool

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:15:30 -0400

At 06:25 PM 10/9/2005 -0600, Chris Gregg wrote:
>Does anyone out there remember or possess one of those electric voicing
>tools.  From what I can remember, it was similar to something a tattoo
>artist would use.  I am not sure that I would want to try the tattoo thing
>with it though.

Chris -
I'm not sure your would want to try the "hammer" thing with it either.  I
tried it, briefly (I no longer own it) and was not comfortable with it,
though I may not have allowed enough learning curve.  I seem to remember
that the needles tended to stick in the hammer felt.  That and the brooding
mistrust that my foot on the pedal truly cared enough about my fingers on
the hammer.    A quick look through my old Journals turned up nothing,
though I remember there were ads for it in there for some time.  As Ted
Rohde said, it was called Ease-a  or Ease-i-Voice.  If you look back at the
years that the National was in Washington DC or Philadelphia, I think
you'll pin down the year, as I remember seeing it displayed then.

David Skolnik