Chipping

Elwood Doss edoss@utm.edu
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:55:39 -0500

Woe to the person who can type, yet, can't write with a pen and paper.
It's ironic that schools still teach children to print, then write in
cursive, long before they are taught to use a computer keyboard.  There
are some things that are basic to any skill and, in my opinion, aural
tuning, especially the temperament octave is one of them.  I use email,
but I would not take anything for my ability to write in cursive.  I
have never used an ETD to tune.  I waited 20 years to get the
opportunity to learn how to tune aurally and tuning with an ETD would
take the fun and challenge from it-it would become just a job.  If I had
wanted to tune with an ETD, I would have purchased a "Strobo-Conn" tuner
in 1970 and started tuning.=20

=20

Oh, this was about chipping....

=20