Topics for Technicals

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:16:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Greg,

In our chapter, the technicals that relate to daily work skills and techniques are the most popular. Here are some examples:

Prepping the piano for Tuning Stability, by Curtis Spiel
Study of upright dampers, by Del Fandrich
Voicing, by Phil Glenn
Keytop replacement
Repinning demo's
Knot-tying and string replacement
Advanced tuning
Customer Service and buisness
Tool auction (this actually turned into a "tool giveaway". Many brought things they don't use anymore and did a lot of trading)
Upright regulation in One Hour
Glues and their uses (a killer class by Jeannie Grassi & Bill Smith)
Grand rejuvenation in one day, by Steve Brady (JRW, You are cordially invited to attend this class Monday, 10/10 at Prosser's in Tacoma. If you need a directions, more info, or a ride, give me a call - 425-226-0102)

Sometimes the simple classes are eye-openers even for the, shall we say, "mature" techs. The memorable classes for me are the ones that I glean ideas from and apply to my daily job.

Dave Davis, RPT

 Greg wrote:

I was drafted to serve as my chapter's program chair,
primarily responsible for coming up with topics for
technical training at our monthly meetings.  My
quandry is coming up with topics that are of interest
to those who have been in the biz for 30 years.
Newbies are easy.  Everything is interesting to them
(me, us).

Would you, my fellow listers, take just a moment to
list your favorite technical topics?  Perhaps a
sentence on what turned you on the most about it/them?

Any chapter activity is fair game: technical classes,
discussions, experiments, forums, or tours, (perhaps
even social events like parties or picnics).  What did
you do over the last year that you liked the most?

Thanks,

Greg Graham
Brodheadsville, PA