Fwd: PTG 2006 Convention Update

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:25:36 -0500

List,

This is the PTG Institute to invest in yourself.
Read this preview of must see, must hear,
must do showcase activities, and classes.

June 21 - 25, 2006, Rochester, New York.

Learn from the best how to be the best.

See you in Rochester !!!

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI
Kansas City Institute Director, 2005

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Sandy Roady <sandyroady@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: October 7, 2005 7:23:35 AM CDT
> To: members@ptg.org
> Subject: PTG 2006 Convention Update
>
> PTG 2006 Convention Update
>
> Dear Fellow Technicians,
> I am Rick Florence, Institute Director of the 2006 Annual PTG Seminar=20=

> and=A0Institute.=A0 I have recently returned from Rochester and the=20
> Convention=A0Planning Meeting and wanted to give you a preview of some=20=

> of the exciting things on=A0tap for June 21-25, 2006.=A0 The following =
is=20
> a synopsis=A0of what you will find in Rochester next year.=A0 Start=20
> planning now to attend!
>
> The Rochester Institute has been designed to educate and inspire=20
> technicians in three areas:
> =95 Showcasing the work of the best technicians in the business
> =95 Teaching new skills through hands-on training
> =95 Introducing ways to keep more of your hard-earned money
>
> Showcasing the Best Work
> We have invited the best rebuilders of our trade to bring their works=20=

> of art=A0for all to see and appreciate.=A0 If you've observed endless=20=

> slide=A0show and PowerPoint presentations only to leave class=20
> still=A0unsure of what constitutes a finely rebuilt piano, this event =
is=20
> for you.
>
> The Rebuilders Showcase will begin the week with keynote lectures by=20=

> Anders=A0Askenfelt (Five Lectures on the Acoustics of the Piano) and =
Del=20
> Fandrich.=A0=A0These lectures will be followed by two full days of=20
> rebuilding presentations.=A0 Individual classes will conclude with a=20=

> mini recital on the=A0rebuilt piano, performed by students from =
Eastman=20
> School of Music.=A0 Each=A0showcase piano will then be placed in a =
gallery=20
> for all to inspect and play.
>
> Other classes will showcase skills not previously seen in PTG=20
> seminars.=A0 The=A0Renner Team will expand their All-Stars program to =
two=20
> days, demonstrating a=A0complete action rebuild.=A0 Andre and =
Christian=20
> [...]

> Bob Marinelli will offer a full day action weigh-off and design class=20=

> at=A0Eastman School of Music.=A0=A0 The emphasis of this class is to =
allow=20
> all=A0attendees to participate in the work.=A0 You will leave this =
class=20
> having=A0weighed-off an action, drilled for and inserted weights, and=20=

> understanding=A0more completely the issues of weight and action=20
> mechanics.
>
> Another new program will be an all-day Introduction to Piano=20
> Technology=A0seminar.=A0 This program is designed for the new =
technician=20
> who has recently=A0entered the field of piano technology, or perhaps =
is=20
> new to a certain area=A0of concentration.=A0 This multi-session class,=20=

> which can be attended by=A0individual subject, or as a complete =
program,=20
> will cover everything from=A0identifying beats in tuning, to tool=20
> selection, to basic understanding of=A0the upright and grand actions =
and=20
> how to service them.
>
> We have asked a large number of our instructors to teach classes with=20=

> a=A0particular skill in mind and be available the following class =
period=20
> (in the=A0same classroom) to guide interested hands-on students =
through=20
> the newly=A0learned skill.=A0 Examples of a few of the classes we have=20=

> scheduled in this=A0manner are:
>
> =95 Spinet and upright service with proper and safe action removal
> =95 Damper service and regulation
> =95 String repairs, including loops and knot tying
> =95 Hammer filing=A0
> =95 Player service and rebuilding
> =95 Principles of tuning
>
> Another new and exciting class for Rochester will be Hammer Design,=20
> with Ray=A0Negron from Ronsen Piano Hammers.=A0 Ray will not only =
discuss=20
> hammer=A0manufacture and design, but will have one of his presses in=20=

> class and will=A0press a set of hammers as part of his lecture.
>
> Holding On To Your Money
> New to Rochester this year will be a dedicated Business Seminar on=20
> Saturday=A0afternoon.=A0 If you have struggled in any aspect of =
running=20
> your business,=A0chances are we will have a class tailored to your=20
> specific needs.=A0 The money you will save by implementing=A0business=20=

> strategies taught in these classes will pay for your attendance=20
> not=A0only this year, but in years to come.=A0=A0Some of the topics =
covered=20
> will include=A0marketing,=A0business management, appraisals,=A0client =
and=20
> inventory control, health insurance, medical-spending accounts,=A0tax=20=

> planning, and retirement.=A0=A0
>
> Many other classes and events are planned for=A0Rochester.=A0 =
Information=20
> will be posted on the convention web=20
> page=A0http://www.ptg.org/conv/2006, so check it often=A0beginning=20
> November 1, 2005.=A0If you have made it this far, thanks for your =
time.=A0=20
> I look forward to=A0seeing you and learning with you in Rochester, New=20=

> York, June 21-25, 2006.=

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched