PTA

Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:07:38 +0100

Hear him! Hear him!

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Byeway222@aol.com [mailto:Byeway222@aol.com]
Sent: 07 October 2005 09:10
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: PTA

Hi Nigel,

It is interesting that the PTA has a closed list.  Typical really.

I agree that the Pianotech list can field some naive questions occasionally,
often from people just starting out, but when a subject gets really meaty
(action geometry, soundboards etc.etc.) some really heavyweight guys start
posting and the list really takes off.  How many workshops in UK are doing a
fraction of the rebuilding work that our USA friends are doing? How many
would genuinly share their ideas and discoveries?  Our supply houses are a
typical example of how backward we are here.

Ric