out-of-towners

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:17:57 -0500

Barb,
At 04:20 PM 10/6/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Of course, all this may be affected by the business climate that exists
>where you live or other variables.  So, naturally, your mileage may
>vary--so to speak.  ;-)

My mileage is better now... ;-}

>Good luck.  Don't cheat yourself.
>Barbara Richmond, RPT

All a matter of degree, I guess.
I don't think I'm cheating myself, but tomorrow I go about 25 miles to a
town where one of my customers has lined up (arranged my schedule, even!)
FIVE tunings, including her own piano. I'm waiving mileage. Three are in
town (of <3000) the others are within 5 miles.

I didn't make _any_ of the calls or have to try to juggle _their_
schedules... ;-}

If I were going 40 miles instead of 40 km, I'd probably split the mileage fee.

BTW, thanks for the following:
>BTW, the IRS is allowing 48 1/2 cents per mile for mileage from September 1
>to December 31, 2005.

Happy Friday -

TTFN - I have about 3 pianos to do before 0900 (homecoming weekend)

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.