out-of-towners

Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:54:47 +0100

The answer is: 1:2 & 2:1

Isn't it?

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Giovanni Voltaggio [mailto:a440ps@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: 06 October 2005 19:25
To: Pianotech
Subject: out-of-towners

First Question:

I've got 3 clients in a town located 40 miles from my shop. I can schedule
all three of them in one day, putting the last client whose piano I've never
seen at the end of the day. Ok, who pays my mileage?

(1) The first client pays for the drive down, the middle client pays
nothing, the last client pays for the drive back.

(2) Split the mileage between all three clients taxicab style

(3) Charge one client for the mileage and charge the other two roaming
charges

Second question:

I have 1 client in a town 40 miles from my shop. I'm called to service the
piano. I am also an accompanist and the same client hires me to accompany
their mother for her voice lesson...after I tune the piano. How do I charge
mileage in this case?

(1) Charge normal mileage fees, one trip down and one back

(2) Charge normal mileage fees and roaming charges

I'm sorta kidding, but it is a little weird. The client comes out ahead by
not having to pay extra mileage, I come out ahead not having to put
additional miles on my vehicle. Although it can be a problem schedule-wise;
both the clients and I might want to schedule all the tasks to be done in
one day to avoid an extra trip. It's up to me to limit the amount of work I
schedule in one day.

Giovanni V.