Odd dimensions of sharps.

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:29:27 -0400

Michael,
=20
If G#=3D440, I would think the piano would be 1/2 a step SHARP, not =
flat.
Now if A#=3D440, then it would be flat.
=20
Marcel Carey,
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] De la
part de Michael Gamble
Envoy=E9 : 6 octobre 2005 08:19
=C0 : Byeway222@aol.com; pianotech@ptg.org
Objet : RE: Odd dimensions of sharps.

Yes, Richard, I agree with the sharp business. There are many pianos I
simply cannot get my fingers in between them! Height also plays a major
role in this. As for those older pianos, the Brinsmeads in particular I
find extremely good tonally. Even very old uprights with the una-corda
(L) pedal. The strings are remarkable too =96 notice the coppery finish =
on
the lower steel strings =96 not the covered ones =96 I have found they
respond very well indeed to pitch raising =96 even from G#=3D440 !

Regards

Michael G.(UK)

=20

  _____ =20