Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News andRochester)

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 05:28:45 -0400

Using the car analogy, one that you just bought new is a "stock" or =
"showroom" Steinway: all original.  Modifications may improve it, or =
not, depending on the modifier, may improve performance at the expense =
of reliability (in cars, anyway), and may invalidate a warranty.  But in =
car racing, "showroom stock" is the slowest of the performance classes.  =

--Cy--
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:49 PM
  Subject: RE: Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News =
andRochester)

  Hi Dave,=20

  At 04:29 PM 10/5/05, you wrote:

    Dale:
    =20
    So far everyone has loved it.  What's not to love?  As to the people =
who ask if it is still a Steinway I confess to them that I really don't =
understand the question.  It is still a piano.  It was originally built =
by Steinway and it has now been redesigned as a better piano.  I just =
don't know what they mean by the question.=20

  Of course, it's not still a Steinway. It's not the "original" =
instrument! If you don't believe it, just ask Steinway! Just kidding! =
:-)=20

  Avery=20

     If my Ford has been modified with a racing engine is it still a =
Ford?  I don't know what that means.
    =20
    dave
    =20