Keytop trimmin'

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:06:01 -0700

This is why you rout the keys before gluing the new covers.  If you =
don=92t do
this, you=92ll never get the keys back into the piano.

J R W

=20

  _____ =20

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Matthew Todd
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:29 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Keytop trimmin'

=20

Hey guys,

=20

I am in the middle of my third keytop replacement job.  As it turns out, =
the
tails of the tops are about a 1/4'' too long.  If I put them on, they =
will
probably get in the way of the fallboard.  Is there a way to cut the =
tail
length??  And the keytop front goes down past the key quite a bit too.

=20

Matthew

  _____ =20

Yahoo! for Good