Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News and Rochester)

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:14:03 +0200

Great !!  I remember this coming up as a suggestion about a year and a
half ago on this list.... or perhaps it was on PTG-L. I was for it
immediatly and look very much forward to checking out the handywork of
the fellows below.  Looks like I picked the right year to make the trip
over the great Dam.

Why dont you bring an instrument Dale ?

Cheers
RicB

----------------

Gordon
  Well if it's not been news here on list yet , I guess  it will be now. The
short answer is yes, these pianos will be on display , I  think in a separate
area in or from the usual exhibit hall.  This will  be  called a "Rebuilders
Gallery" &  in Rochester  these  pianos can be played , heard & admired.
   Rick Florence the institute director has invited  8 Rebuilders to bring a
piano & teach a one class period  extolling the  virtue of their particular
designs etc. The pianos will be in seen & heard  in class & also arrangements
are being made to hear these pianos in some  sort of performance venue.
   So far the 8 are Ron Nossaman, Terry Farrell,  David Hughes Shawn Hoar,
Ron Overs, Dale Erwin, Chris Robinson  & the  last one escapes me right now.
  My own feeling is that a display of this kind supports,  encourages &
promotes member creativity & enthusiasm & also affirms  the merits of on going
edjucation.
   So bring your doubting Thomas on over & let  her decide for herself.
 I am honored to be included with such esteemed company.

Dale Erwin