Odd dimensions of sharps.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

They're just shaped a little differently than the
replacements I was thinking of using, which wouldn't
fit. But once I got the crap-ola off them, were in
pretty good shape.
     Speaking of which: I know pianists who dislike
the "FAT" sharps on old Masons and Conovers, but I
believe these are dimensionally standard at the base,
but just don't taper toward the top. So  they could be
rep[laced with "normal" ones. Unless someone knows
differently ?
     Thump