pitchlock

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:02:05 -0700

I tuned a C7 for a player who wanted me to do something about a zing on
one of the notes (upper duplex noise). Voicing was okay and someone had
already tried weaving a narrow piece of felt into the duplex, which
didn't do the job but any more dampening started to kill the tone. I put
two clips on the strings and adjusted them so there was no more sizzle
coming from the duplex but still a nice tone.

The main problem I have with Pitchlock clips is remembering I have them
in my regulating kit.

Tom Cole