Suzuki Pianos

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:26:22 -0400

On Oct 3, 2005, at 7:13 PM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> It seems to me a dealer with better quality pianos could make use
> of something like this for customers to compare with when in the
> store.   Anyone do that?

You mean have a dreadful "loss leader" priced piano to get them in
the door, so they could be shown the high quality of the piano they
were planning on selling in the first place? Reminds me of my
experience ages ago (1979) when I was a young starving beginning
tech, doing floor tunings for the Baldwin dealer at the mall. After
doing my very best to make the loss leader HF Miller ("American
Aeolian" "Made By American Craftsmen") console sound somewhat less
awful, the store manager took me aside, and instructed me to detune
some unisons and octaves so no one would even think of buying it.

Patrick Draine