small vs large grands

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:24:14 -0500

I've been asked about this several times by customers and I explain
the differences in string-length, copper winding weight etc. and how
it affects tones.  Having two grands of different sizes by the same
manufacturer on the floor makes this easy.  So far, everyone has
voted for the bigger one based on that comparison.  What is another
6-12" inches when you get such an obvious improvement in tone?
When you get to seven feet the footprint can be a little more of an issue.

Andrew