Rectangular tuning pin dimensions?

Nels Lindberg nelslindberg@gmail.com
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:31:36 -0800

Hello all,
   Does anyone know what the dimensions on a rectangular tuning pin
are supposed to be?  I ordered one (I think by schaff), and (as
someone mentioned in the archives) it was way too big.  Pin got jammed
in the head, had to pull the entire pin out to get my tool back.  That
was a bad day.  Does anyone have a recommendation for either getting a
right-sized tool or modifying the one I already have so this will
work?  I'm thinking of epoxying some thin spring-steel into the
insides of the tip (or maybe just filling in with epoxy, using the
purloined pin as a guide).

Thanks much
Nels Lindberg