Yamaha U1 pedals

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:21:29 -0400

Borrow a serial number.
It is a silly policy they have. It does nothing to stop the sale of the "grey market" pianos.
In some cases the pianos were bought legitimately, by people who happened to be working off shore.
Yamaha Canada, has no such policy, and sells parts to technicians who need them.
All Yamaha USA does is to penalize the technicians who are doing legitimate work.
Too bad that they couldn't be informed.
Why do all the technicians not inform them, of their dissatisfaction with this policy.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matt McWilliams
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:05 PM
  Subject: Yamaha U1 pedals

  I have a customer who has a Yamaha U1, serial #558250. They moved the piano to avoid flooding from Hurricane Katrina and broke the sustain pedal off. Yamaha cannot find the serial number in their data base and is not interested in supplying me with the pedal. Does anyone know of other sources for Yamaha pedals?

  Matt McWilliams