Humidity & voicing

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:51:27 -0500

I'm a long-time TuneLab user who is now learning to tune aurally (finally!).
Is it ever practical to use the "stored master tuning" approach with an ETD?
I'm thinking that on a piano that I tune frequently, it might save time to
do a good aural tuning once, store it, and then use the stored tuning with
the ETD after that.  If a piano is more stable if tuned A0-to-C8, that might
be a benefit (especially for a pitch raise).  But if the stored tuning has a
shelf life, that's no good...

I guess after a while I'll be able to tune aurally as fast as with the
ETD... right?

--Cy Shuster--
Boston, MA
www.nbss.org