Breaking Strings

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:28:28 EST

Been there done that. Fire  him!!!!! really
  Better yet give him the bill. It worked for the  Church I worked for that
had a version of this guy.

 Dale Erwin

Mike,

My mentor had this situation once for a Baptist church.  The pianist was
pounding the heck out of the piano as well as having the  sustain pedal
down most of the time. He had to explain to the pianist that  he would
continue to break strings if he kept playing that way. Once the  pianist
stopped pounding so hard and using less of the sustain pedal, the
breaking of strings was slowed down and almost stopped (The pianist
would go back to his old ways  occasionally)

Duaine