Baldwin PSO- I need your advice

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:54:55 -0600

Don't know if this relates to your Acrosonic problem but ...

I've had several Baldwin (Hamilton) pianos with notes that sound "like a
marimba being struck with a bass drum mallet" with "no sustain at all" and
found the problem to be the bridge coming off the soundboard or seperating
laminations. This was invariably around the treble break, but could happen
elsewhere, I suppose. The sound is in such a case is dead because the
springy seperated wood is absorbing most of the energy before it gets to
the board. Fairly easy to fix with glue and judiciously placed (and
countersunk) screws.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri