Baldwin PSO- I need your advice

Greg Livingston pianotuner440@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:21:09 +0000

Hello, everyone.
Today, I tuned a Baldwin Acrosonic console, model # 2090MAH.  It is 7 years
old, and had been tuned once by the dealer 5 years ago when it was
delivered. No other prep work was done at that time.  The tone is
unbelievably horrible, and I need advice.

It sounds like a marimba being struck with a bass drum mallet; no sustain at
all.  I got it stable at 440, and the tuning is good until you depress the
damper pedal - then a horrible roar of discordant echoes like I've never
heard before belches forth from the beast.  To say that I'm dealing with
issues of inharmonicity is putting it mildly.

In the past, I have always gotten good advice from this list and I sure
could use some now!

Sincerely,
Greg Livingston
Gregory P. Livingston, Piano Tuning and Service
781-237-9178
Piano Technicians Guild, associate member
(Boston chapter)

                          *   *   *
Always remember September 11, 2001