Check is in the mail

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:19:14 -0800

Ron,
I used to tune for a public school system that left small payments out of
petty cash, for the office secretary to pay out.  They always gave me the
check on the spot when I showed up.  Of course, if my prices would have gone
up, beyond what they considered petty cash, I don't know if that would have
continued.  But I was just as surprised as you, when it happened...and on
more than one occasion!
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:39 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Check is in the mail

> Now dont' tell me that payment was issued on a school-system check.
> Payment must have been by personal check.
>
> Right?
>
> Terry Farrell

Even less believable. Who in a school system would write a personal
check for hired service? Nope, it's an official USD 361 check. I
handled it carefully when it arrived in case the ink was still wet,
or it was booby trapped. But no, it's just a check, only early. I
don't see how this kind of timing is even possible in school
systems, but there it was. Maybe the geeks in the science lab will
have their time machine prototype working by the second week of
December and test it with that check - which hasn't been cut yet.

That's not it. I looked, and it's dated 11/18/2005. It was mailed
Friday, and arrived Saturday. Overnight service from both the school
system, and the USPS. That's even spookier.

Ron N