Can you believe all you read?

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:12:51 +1100

Hi Dave,

>  I meant to add that I've seen at least one console--I forget the
>make-- that was manufactured with no bridle straps.  I didn't have
>to pull the action, so I don't know what keeps the jacks from
>jamming under the butts if it's removed.   -- D.N.

The console to which you refer is the Baldwin Acrosonic. A number of
these which were sold in Sydney developed tight hammer centres.
Without tapes they weren't exactly easy to get along with. They also
had some kind of felt-like material in place of the usual balance
hammer covering, so the checks didn't, particularly at higher dynamic
levels.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY