Loose damper tray

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:52:53 -0600

Hi Phil,
               Use a sharp pencil and make a line along the belly rail, at
the  top of the damper up stop rail,   Loosen the up stop rails screws
and  raise the rail as far as you can just snug the screws to hold the rail up.

This will give you plenty of room to tighten the tray screws.

Reset the rail to your pencil lines. check the rail/up stop
regulation.  there should be 2mm clearance from the bottom of the tray to
the felt on the top of the dags, Adjust the pedal rod to make sure this is
correct,  and 1mm of lost motion to the underlever capstans, check to make
sure all dampers lift evenly.

Depress several sample keys so they just rest on the front rail punching's
, You should be able to  lift the damper head 2mm up wards. This is an
important adjustment.
  If too much travel, the action will feel bumpy, if too little it can feel
spongy.

A good flash light makes the job a bit easier.

Hope this helps

Regards Roger