Upright soft pedal

Mark Wisner mwisner@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:59:35 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I usually say; "Playing with the soft pedal depressed doesn't make loud passages softer but it will help you to play soft passages softer."

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Walker <wayne.w@musicstop.com>
Sent: Nov 17, 2005 12:31 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Upright soft pedal

Upright soft pedal
I had a customer complained that the left (soft) pedal did not work. I tried
to explain the function of the pedal. When I told them they would not hear
any difference in volume they thought it was odd the piano companies would
put on a pedal that didn't do anything. You show the customer the hammers
are moving closer to the string to proved that the pedal is doing something
but sometime this is not enough. I'm interested to hear what the members of
the list tell their customers.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS
B4N 3R4
Cell 902-221-1540
Fax 902-681-1463
HYPERLINK "mailto:wayne.w@musicstop.com"wayne.w@musicstop.com
HYPERLINK "http://www.musicstop.com/"www.musicstop.com

   _____

It has removed 2275 spam emails to date.
Try HYPERLINK "http://www.spamfighter.com/Product_Info.asp?"SPAMfighter for
free now!