Schomacker Inquiry

David Anderson vndrgrf@bellsouth.net
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:26:50 -0500

David Skolnik wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with small Schomacker grands from the '20's?
> I have one needing complete rebuilding, though, from what little I can
> tell, it seems to have some potential.  Question is, how much.
>
> Muchas thanks.
>
> David Skolnik

Hi David--

I recently restrung one for a local dealer, about 5'2".

Hard to justify all the repairs a small 80 y'r old piano needs, but it had a
large sentimental value apparantly. A transition bridge in the tenor, a bass
soundboard cut-off, and pretty well made, it seems.

It was getting hammers, etc. however, Hurricane Wilma tore the roof off the shop
and the piano got wet, so I can't tell you how it might have been....

It did have the original gold bass strings!!

When it's dried out, I may be on the case again. Or pronouncing the death
sentence...

BCNU
David
Dania Bch, FL