shank strike weights

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:07:12 +0100

/I love our trade and I am truly devoted to doing all that I can to help it
along.

Richard, I appreciate your support and as a token of that appreciation I'll
send you a FREE copy of my book when it comes out (not in the near future),
but at the same time I feel hurt by your negative characterizations.

David Stanwood/

----------------------

David.

I can only say that I understand your devotion to our trade, and more
then you may know appreciate all you have done.  I have some issues with
you to be sure, but they are nearly exclusively about non pianotechnical
related issues.  Our dissagreements relative to your patent are based on
two points only.  The first being that in fact you do not have any way
of preventing anyone at all to calculate Front Weights except as related
to the use of your formula.   I understand your furvour in wishing to
deny this, but I have no doubt whatsoever  on the matter. You simply did
not patent the general idea of mathematically calculating Front
weights... nor could you have to begin with. Such a patent attempt would
have been rejected.  The second being more a dissagreement in your
strategic decision to patent at all, or to enforce the patent at the
least.  In my view this has hampered the developement of the methodology
far more then helped it.  It is fair for us to dissagree on that point I
am sure.

All this said,  I remain an enthusiast and admirer of your work and
contribution, and use considerable effort on my own to enlighten others
as to the benifits of your approach.  I brought you to Norway in that
spirit, despite quite a bit of resistance by some key members of the
group responsible for planning that convention.  And if I can in the
future accomplish something similar I most certainly will.

For what its worth to you, your visit to Bergen is and will be one of
the nicest memories I will ever have of my professional career.

Cheers
Richard Brekne