Baldwin Studio Upright Balance Rail Adjustment Screws?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:06:58 -0600

>Generally you'll find the height adjustment screw holes located under the
>A#'s.
>You'll first need to back off on the hold-down screws which are located
>near the
>screws at the ends and somewhere between the other adj.screws (usually
>midway).
>
>--
>

>Regards,
>
>Jon Page

Depending on the vintage, they may not all be under A#'s. The number of
them also varies.

Start by lifting them all out (I usually do a section at a time and lay
them on the others, temporarily.) This gives you a good opportunity to
clean and/or hunt for buried treasure (a.k.a - tips). Put all back except
those which are over the holes/screws. Mark those keybuttons for future
reference. . [I use a circle with a line for slotted screws and a circle
with an X for phillips.] Note: some holes/screws (typically those at the
ends) are in the cracks and you need to remove two keys to access one screw.

As Jon says, loosen the visible screws a couple turns to give yourself
somewhere to go. Then, using your leveling gage of choice, raise/lower keys
to desired height using the hidden screws. Tighten the upper screws snug,
but not so snug that you make the keys sag in that area. Replace the marked
keys, keystrip and fall. Collect fee...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.