Feedback appreciated

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:34:12 -0500

I read the article, and understand the concept. I consider myself fairly
new to the world of piano technology (Da Rook), and the one thing I see
is once you find yourself 'settled in' on a particular method that works
for you, and you are happy, and your clients are happy, it seems we tend
to literally settle in on that method. It doesn't have to be necessarily
a tuning method..it could be anything related to this field. For some of
us, it may take a while to find that method, and once that is found, it
is usually undesirable to perfect another way.

David, your method seems to want to challenge ones self, and if you're
too settled in from your comfortable method(s), then chances of that
particular person taking a plunge into something new seems rare,
especially if it's a big turn around from your settled method. The one
thing I also see is that when a method like yours is introduced, no
matter how you present it, there will always be people who will discard
it for no other reason than: it's not necessary for them..and that's ok
too, as long as there's no public verbal sparring, because that is
nothing but counter-productive.

I'm so new in this field that I am willing to try almost anything, and
your tuning method is no exception. Speaking for myself, from talking
with other techs and learning from these people, I have been working
with a 25-note temperament for about a year now. I won't get off-topic
talking about it and I'll leave that possible discussion for a different
time, but it is an example of, speaking for myself,  not being
particularly happy with what was status quo and 'acceptable'.

David, you and I sat in Virgil's Sunday class during the last
Convention, and I know from your reaction to watching Virgil tune,
presenting this article for us all to read and digest, and best of all,
receiving a note from Virgil makes you feel very good about what it is
you're doing. Getting praise from people who we constantly look up to is
one of the best things that can happen to our psyche, and
congratulations for that.

Please continue to share with us. I feel there is enough of a percentage
of us who will read(listen), and then apply. It's that percentage of
people who you will want to reach, because those are the ones who will
fuel the fire for a better mousetrap.

Like I told Brian Doepke here just last week: there is no one way to do
most things in this field. Sharing your ideas and being objective is
walking a fine line..but remember that there are those that will
understand, and then apply. I am one of them.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)