Marking up Merchandise

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:25:50 -0600

I know why you do it that way ... it's because it's so easy to price yourself out of a sale, especially with the DC.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Garrett
To: pianotech
Sent: 11/15/2005 9:25:08 AM
Subject: Re: Marking up Merchandise

I mark up all items double the wholesale price, then add the shipping. Installation is another issue, IMO.  A few exceptions, (and I don't have a clue why I do it this way.<G>), is Damp Chaser products and Dollies/Trucks: Double the wholesale + Shipping/Handling; installation is included in that price.
The one factor that most do not consider, is the time it takes to find the item, order it, etc. "Time is Money".<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I