JIV-jumping into voicing

Geoff Sykes thetuner@ivories52.com
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:49:14 -0800

Forgive me for adding to the rant, but it might be interesting to find =
out
just how many (legit) tuners, here in LA, have more than "1 or 2 =
percent" of
their customers who want, and are willing to pay for, more than a
"tune-&-run" visit from a piano tech. I am a relative newbie to this
profession and so far even the customers I service with decent piano's
aren't willing to have them serviced more than once every couple of =
years.
And anything beyond a basic tuning is just more money than they want to
spend. I seriously look forward to the day when I have finally earned =
and
developed a client base that actually wants this kind of service and is
willing to pay for it. Not just for the money, but because I seriously =
want
to learn and cultivate those skills. If 98% of what I have to look =
forward
to from day to day are tune & run bookings, because that's what the =
client
wants, then I'm gonna be mighty bored.
=20
-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles
=20
...with lots still to learn to escape the average.