JIV-jumping into voicing

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:33:36 -0600

Re: JIV-jumping into voicingDale, David,

I'll add to the rant.

Man, if I could tell you all how many times I've heard, "Why didn't the =
other piano tuner tell me about and/or do that?"  And it just doesn't =
have to be big grand pianos, either.  After explaining what needed to be =
done to a little 20 year old Yamaha M-450, the customer bought the job =
repair & regulation job (I voiced too, but I voice with every tuning).  =
His comments after I was done, "I can't believe the difference.  That =
was the best $$$ I've ever spent."  (And this guy is no virtuoso.)

Personally, I like pushing myself too eek every bit of performance I can =
out of any piano--that's how I learn more.  I taught a class many years =
ago about selling full service.  A participant posed the question (he =
wasn't convinced of my idea, I think):  "So, what do you do when you =
walk in and find a ___ brand of piano, the tuning is good, the voicing =
is good and the regulation is good?"  The answer, "Raise your =
standards."

Well, I could go on...  ;-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT

  ----- Original Message -----=20