[ some "oddly noisy" Baldwin 45" Hamilton actions..........]

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:33:06 -0600

>> Not at all, considering how sticky they are.
>>
>> Ron N
>

> Hmm...the ones I get called to work on leave black dust on the action
> and are now slick.  Different flavor I suppose.
>
> Barbara R

I think it's the same stuff, just at different wear levels. In not
well used pianos, it's sticky to the touch. When it wears down to
the backing, it's slick, but still sticky in areas that aren't worn
clear down. Not that it's important to anything, but I'd still like
to know what it is.

Ron N