Bone/Ivory keytop replacement source

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:50:36 -0600

At 05:27 AM 11/10/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Ah, the voice of reason! Glad to have you back, Jim. :-)
>
>Avery Todd

me, three.

Bone wears very well, in my limited experience.  Back in '91, I replaced
completely worn through cocabola keytops on a two manual practice/teaching
pipe organ.

The original keytops had worn through in about the same length of time that
the new bone tops have been on. Just checked this morning, and the wear is
almost imperceptible.

There _are_ different qualities of bone, so YMMV.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.