Caster

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:18:43 -0800

Carl asked: "
A musician friend called today to tell me that he and his wife had taken
out the rug in the
living room, and replaced it with hardwood floor. Wanted to know what
kind of casters
would be best , so the wheels wouldn't mark the floor when it is moved.
I suggested caster
cups of good quality be used, but am at a loss as to whether there are
wheels which might be
used that would not mark the floor. Asked a good friend ( RPT ) and he
didn't think there were
any, but thought it was a good idea to post here for opinions.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Carl,
I like the Darnell Caster, double wheel w/the "H" designation. The "H" stands for Hardwood. The "C" designation is for "carpets". Also, the cast aluminum sockets are the way to go, IMO. A bit more work to install, but very sturdy! They used to be available from APSCO, but I think that Schaff has them as well.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I