Contiguous thirds temperament

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:50:11 -0600

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
I'll attach something I've been working on that is what you describe. It is based on ladders of thirds (they are grouped by the double lines) and tests galore. Hope it helps ...

It's an MS Excel file, should open in most spreadsheet programs.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Elwood Doss
To: Pianotech
Sent: 11/08/2005 7:10:54 AM
Subject: Contiguous thirds temperament

Need some help.  I have seen a temperament where you tune contiguous thirds then drop down a 5th (or 4th) and tune more contiguous thirds.  Can any of you email or attach that particular temperament?  I would also like the checks.  I have a friend—a beginning tuner/technician--who is interested in that particular temperament.  I did look in the archives and couldn’t locate it.
Joy!
Elwood
Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director