Mold problem

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:29:01 -0800

Sell her a dammp-chaser DEHUMIDIFIER! Mold thrives on moisture and can grow
with as little as 50%  RH! Of course, you'll still need to clean out the
exsisting mold.

Terry Peterson

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
mold/mildew from 2 pianos; one a hi gloss polyester grand (white), and the
other a hi gloss polyester vertical (mahogany colored); I am looking for
anyone who has dealt with this successfully. Suggestions?
Procedures?<br><br>I looked at both pianos today (in a moving company
warehouse),  and did not see any mold in the white grand, but the customer
says it is there (her nose, eyesight is better than mine); I did see small
white spots on the exterior of the vertical.<br><br>I would think it would
hours and hours to wipe down every nick and cranny of every action part,
under the strings, on the strings, etc. not to mention the possibility of
ruining the finish!<br><br>I am assuming one would use a solution of chlorox
bleach and water, in about the mix of 1:9 or
Technician<br>Piano Technicians
list info:
https://www.moypiano.com/resources/#archives<br></font></BLOCKQUOTE>