Shoenhut Toy piano

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:58:04 EST

Hello Rick,

    The early Shoenhuts had sound Bars,  the  later
models had sound Rods.

   I have one Shoenhut Grand with Bars.  Circa 1890.
It is 26 in. long has 37 notes with round fluted legs
and a fancy music rack.
  The Bars are 3/4 in.wide the longest being 4 3/4
the shortest being 2 in.

   I also have a  "Shoenhut  Player Piano"
it is an upright with tone bars, 11 keys (no sharps).
It is 11 in. high and 12 in. wide.  Circa 1925.
   It has an original wind up music box built
in and is still working.

  I also have an "Shoenhut" upright with tone Rods.
It has 30 notes and is in a modern style.
  Height 20 in. and 18 1/4 wide,  Circa 1952.

  You tune these the same way you tune
a tuning fork.

   I have plans  to display these in the Foundation
Museum at the 2007 Convention is Kansas City.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt