slight damper zing on the way down

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:23:43 EST

List,

It's my piano, and it's playing really great.  It's regulated well,  I've got
Andre's punchings on the front rail, the voice is really sweet.   Now I'm
getting picky.  There's a little damper zing when I release the  key.  It is from
uneven damping of the unisons.  The middle note may  sustain longer than the
outside notes, etc., etc.  You get the idea.

I'm wondering what techniques people on this list might use to mate dampers
to strings.  I'm using my piano as a model for future work endeavors.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Stahl