Shoenhut Toy piano

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:42:47 -0500

Hi Rick:
    I have had experience with Schoenhut's baby grand toy piano.  It uses a
row of hardened steel rods attached to a frame.  The hammers strike each rod
creating a tone.  To tune (I used an accutuner), raise the pitch of a note
by grinding  a bit of metal off the end of the rod.  To lower the pitch,
solder a bit of solder to the end.  Schoenhut still has parts for these
toys, I used a new set of rods which were woefully out of tune.
    Mike Kurta