Call of the week

R E Barber bassooner42@yahoo.com
Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:13:39 -0800

Last week it was a piano that had flowers on it for 20 years (treble
keys sticking, layer of earth found in keybed.)
Tonite I went to a 70's drop action Wurlitzer someone got for free.  A0
not working, key stuck down- opened bottom board to find A0 had no
sticker or wippen- totally gone (I propped it up with cardboard
punchings).  Later on I noticed some bass notes were real sticky, and
noisy in the front pin area.  Lifted up a key to find what looked like
glue between the keys.  Tried to scrape it off, then noticed there was
more on the keytops.
I checked under the keys, and there was a puddle of 10+ year old vomit,
moldy and petrified, and a few petrified felt punchings.  It was
definitely an "after-party" piano.
I informed the owner I had removed a small portion of the food, but the
remainder would have to be chiseled and planed out another day.

YGWYPF.