What I learned from smashing up a Packard today.

Richard Eldon BARBER bassooner42@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:53:07 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to hear that on a CD.  I played in an "orchestra" a few times
in SF/Oakland that destroyed a piano as its musical climax.   I have a
scar from that (playing glissandi with spray paint can).
Rick

Quoted:
What I learned from smashing up a Packard today.
Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:22:26 EST

Gordon,

I thought I'd share my Packard experience.

Back in my piano moving days a couple of decades ago, I was moving one
of
these beasts.  It was quite heavy and rather unwieldy, to put it
mildly.  I had
no help that day, and it got away from me on the lift gate  of the
truck (in
the up position).  It toppled 5 feet to the ground onto  it's back.  In
a very
shaky, quite adrenalized state, I got it upright and  on the dolly
again, and
when it got to its destination, it played as though  nothing at all had

happened to it. Further examination revealed that nothing  did!

They were strong, for sure.  Great playing pianos~

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 10/31/2005 7:48:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,