Calling Super Sleuths

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:16:56 -0500

I have a client whose Chickering quarter grand piano has a serial number of
2242 stamped in several places. And that's the only number I found.  The
mystery is that the number in the Pierce Piano book lists the manufacturing
date in the 1830"s..which can't be right.   The chickering home page also
gives me a date that is too early.  The quarter grands were first made in
the early 1900's..so ... I don't know when it was made.   Can ANYONE
help????

Brian P. Doepke

AAA PianoWorks
260-432-2043