and another first..

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:24:18 +0100

Conrad.... I like your positive approach to problem solving !!.. You
extinguish at least 3 flies with one swat here.  On the one hand... if
its not a true emergency the client will put it off for a few days to
fit your schedule. On the other hand, if its one of those "dreaded call
backs"  that seems so fashionable to fear these past couple months...
you head the customer off at the pass in plenty time. On the third hand,
if the emergency is real you get to offer the client a lesson in why its
important to keep on top of things... AND, make a bit of extra money for
your trouble of shoving your other appointments around AND being the
good guy for taking the time and trouble to solve the issue.

Either way.. if the customer is worth keeping.... you have a win win
situation.

Cheers
RicB

 >..just needing to vent..      ..I just answered the phone..at 7:02AM..and
 >it was a one-time client from some time ago asking about my availability
 >to come to her home TODAY to fix a sticky key..
 >
 >it's not going to be a good day..

Conrad aņon Von Hofthammer writes

Your "emergency" service call rate is what multiple of your regular??
;-}

aņon