?????

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:46:04 -0800

OK, guys & gals...

Very strange experience this evening.   I had to work late...not my usu=
al MO.   It was the old Johnson place up on East Sharp Park hill.  I re=
ceived a note telling me where to go and where the key would be hidden.=
   I arrived at the appointed time...6 pm.   It was unusally dark this =
evening...end of day light savings I guess...I found the key under the =
gargoyle on the porch.   That was weird enough.   I could have sworn th=
e eyes were following me as I moved to the door.   What a door!! Huge, =
black oak planks held together by relentless iron hardware  In the cent=
er of the door was an enormous iron ring.   Just for fun, even though I=
 had the key, I lifted the knocker and let it fall.   B O O M...soundin=
g like an amplified, fishless, 5'1" grand in the low tenor...I jumped b=
ack and then got my composure and reached for the latch...but the door =
moved open without a sound..."wait a minute"...I stepped back and fishe=
d in my kit for my trusty 4 inch flash.   I rotated the lense and got a=
 focused beam which I aimed into the front room.  I searched for the li=
ght switched on both sides, inside the door.   Nothing.   Interestingly=
 I could see candlelight emanating from the right side of the stairs.  =
Carefully moving through the foyer, my service kit and vacuum cleaner h=
anging from my shoulders, I could just makeout light coming from below =
a door.   I was able to move to the door without making a noise.  I tur=
ned the doorknob and pushed it open.  Dark bookshelves lit with candles=
...but no piano.   I made my way back into the entry area.   To the lef=
t was some sort of an office...no piano.   Straight ahead was the kitch=
en/dining area...no piano.   I went back to the foyer and looked up the=
 winding stairs.   They split off  about halfway up, to the left and to=
 the right.  Above the stairway split was a immense window.   Behind th=
e window the waining moon was lit.   Having no other way to go, I accen=
ded the stairway.   At the landing was an open archway leading into the=
 large room.  A perfect place for a...piano.  There it was in the corne=
r, darkly brooding.   I made my way to the piano.  It was a square gran=
d, seemingly...strange looking...like a coffin.  As I approached it sud=
denly started moving towards me.  The legs...were...taking...steps...th=
is was no piano.   It WAS a coffin.  I turned and ran back towards the =
archway.   Two doors slammed shut in my face.  I turned and tried to ge=
t between a sofa and the coffin.   It moved towards me with slow, but r=
elentless intent.  Thinking quickly...I reached into my kit and somewhe=
re in the bottom was just what I needed.   I pulled my Smith Brothers c=
ough drops and stopped the coffin....

Sorry.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California