Chinese Puzzle

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:01:34 -0500

On Mar 30, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Alan wrote:

> I have a fairly new Pearl River grand (Geo. Steck version). It's all
> messed up with a 2 inch blow nestled comfortably in the felt, many
> hammer flanges good for MAYBE 2-3 swings, let-off way to low and zilch
> drop on many wippens. And that's as far as I've looked, so far. Oh,
> yeah, and the hammers still cupped.
>
> So I'm basically doing a new piano prep--and a lot of
> shouldn't-be-necessary work.

As in "the dealer is paying for this work", or is this all on the
owner. I'd give Mark Wisner a call and see if either P.R., or whoever
is marketing and warrantying Steck, have any interest in helping out
(either in suggesting "factory approved" methods, or paying for some of
the work).

Patrick Draine