Overpulling a Steinway

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:36:30 EST

Greetings,

          No, I never document the humidity or the temp. I figure it really
will not tell me anything, since lots of churches turn the sanctuary heat way
down all week and only warm it up for Sunday mornings and some on Wed evenings.
When the temp and humidty are fluctuating from week to week in the winter,
how can you have a baseline at all? I am tuning in there in March with a coat
on, only the congregation knows what the piano sounds like on Sunday all warmed
up.

           As far as residential customers, I have no idea of the range of
warm or cool they like their homes in the passing seasons and some of the more
affluent homes have central air and dehumidifiers built in. What can recording
a temp reading from one day in which you visit there to tune, tell you about
all the other temperatured days in that dwelling? I think,,,,nothing. Its all
so arbitrary.....Am I being too scientific? Also some customers live in wooded
areas on mountaintops and others live in mecadam and concreted city
surroundings.

           I think all temperatute recordings that are eneterd onto a chart
which the customer could record on a weekly basis would really be da bom...(as
the Geiko commercial says), but who would ever be willing to commit do such a
survey? Am I missing something here?....afterall, I do only have a wopping 21
months in this business. Should I record? What would it tell me?

Julia
Reading, PA